fashion.monster

05 March 2012

...change.clothes...

The question of anticipation the night of The Twenty Seven Club... "What is she going to wear?"...
As a fashion monster- it was an unsaid question that plagued my mind... If you were to really break down to the bare bones and say, what it is that I "do"- take away all of the frilly and fluffy artsy fartsy talk around fashion monster, my garb is my art and all of that shit- I dress people.
So as one whom claims so and does so- the question of the dress... well... it was one that was on my mind heavily. How I wanted to look on my one day I get once a year poured over my mind thick like maple syrup... A few days prior I demolished the racks at all of the usual suspects... Barney's Saks, Neimans... One almost emerged at Neimans- but it was far too similar to a strapless dress I already have been playing with from LF... Robertson had no contenders period- sadly.... Melrose? Maxfields, Fred Segal- been there done that- no no and no. I bought a turquoise option everyone was rooting for the day before at an incredible vintage designer store I find amazing one of a kind pieces that keep my clients killing the carpets... But it didn't feel like I was in my own skin... The morning of however- driving up La Brea from my Nashorella's the night before from our night of TiVo catch up of toddlers and tiaras... I tugged on Breezy's arm on our way back to the fashion castle and said wait Breeze- let me run into Jet Rag- I feel it. She rolled her eyes just long enough to catch the look on my face. She knew I meant it. She pulled in the lot and we agreed I run in and she's grabbing some quick Starbucks fix because there was so much to be done before The Twenty Seven Club that evening... The first dress was the right dress. Corpse bride meets Morticia... I literally had my two friends Alexandre and Mike holding my beaded train as we walked down Whitley to the car waiting to bring us to the final destination... G
As an artist- you can always overwork your piece, you question yourself constantly- but I always try to stand back and trust my instinct. It doesn't fail me when I know the first choice was the right one. It felt right- and well... The proof is on the plate so to speak... I walked into the room and felt perfect...

Xx bella

No comments:

Post a Comment