fashion.monster

05 May 2012

...my safe place...

when you're gong through EMDR treatment... there's an excercise that you learn how to go to your "safe" place when panic attacks strike... your "safe" place can be anything... mine is my mom. I use my five senses to surround myself and engulf myself completly and utterly into the mindframe she's right next to me holding my hand. her scent, her voice, the touch of her hand and her warm hugs- the noise her beautiful stone necklaces make as she plays with them in her hands... I guess that's why ever since I haven't had her physically next to me... I haven't cried since the funeral when I go to the hillside memorial gardens where she is... it's become even more of a nostalgia. I wrap letters, different pictures and achievements of mine I want her to see, pinwheels, flowers, butterflies- (everything in purple of course) and I just gab away...
Xx piglet

No comments:

Post a Comment