fashion.monster

26 December 2011

...love.ann.or.be.damned...

Ann Demeulemeester. Never have I seen a designer whom has defied the very reason of why I decided to become a designer... I wasn't even 9 years old, and sitting on the floor of my bedroom, just having come home from a little shopping spree with the BSJ (my dad) he walks in as I have dumped all of my pretty new purchases on the floor and I was caught red handed cutting the neck off of a new Blumarine cashmere sweater, my dad flipped asking why I was ripping apart the clothes he just bought during my usual Sunday Barney's massacre... And I looked up at him- scissors in hand, and simply replied, "Daddy, I'm sorry but they don't make any clothes the way I want them. That's why I have to be a fashion designer."
Ann Demeulemeester's thought process, concept, it's just every detail of what IM currently obsessing over- her collection KILLS IT. I can't stop lusting after sheer black silk chiffon and long silk tassels... I could go on and on- but all I will say is, I really want to just sublet my place- fly out to Antwerp and bang on her door with my portfolio in hand, and hope to have a chance to be involved in her beautiful creations... I believe in two things- and bear in mind I'm an atheist... I believe in King Hov- and The Queen- Queen Ann... The rest be damned. Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment